What's in my Handluggage

12:52

I wanted to do a what's in my handluggage post, partly because it means I can plan out my handluggage before we fly off on Thursday AND write a blog post together (I'm planning the same with the an upcoming post about what makeup I'm taking) - SCORE!

When we went to America a couple of years ago I remember being on the plane for around 11-12 hours and just being SO dry. I remember having to go to the plane toilet and standing there pressing water to my eyes because they had just completely dried up. Man, that's uncomfortable! This time, although the flight is shorter (8 hours), I am coming prepared!
What's in my Handluggage
Near enough everything.

Keeping Hydrated
Face Mist
I looked at a few different ones, but in the end after considering some from the Bodyshop, Clinique and Boots own brand, I decided on opting for an option that might make people think that I'm crazy. I went with the Le Roche-Posay Thermal Spring Water from Boots...because it's water. Yes, I paid £4 for water, in a pretty spray can. Well, I actually used my Boots points, so it was free. I wanted something that I could spray on my face and could get into my eyes and all the others say to avoid getting them in your eyes. And after the dry eye episode on the last flight...
Le Roche-Posay Thermal Spring Water
Le Roche-Posay Thermal Spring Water
Hand Cream
My hands have been SO dry recently, so I definitely need to bring some with me. I've just stocked up on some of the Neutrogena Norwegian Concentrated stuff, so I'm good to go

Moisturiser
I'm not completely sure what to do yet, I am very tempted to buy the Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief from the Airport duty free. Otherwise I might decant something or find a sample. I might see if I can find a little body lotion to take as well, as the husband has VERY dry skin.

Lip Balm
After having crazy dry lips, they were so dry and flaky that I couldn't wear lipstick last week. On a recommendation from someone at work, I went out and looked for a lip balm that did not have and Parrafin in it. Hell Boots Essentials Lipsalve, only £1 and seriously, the BEST lipbalm I've ever used. It is SO DAMN creamy and soft and my lips literally cleared up in about a day.
What's in my Handluggage
Staying Hydrated & Fresh

Staying Fresh
Deodorant
I got a travel sized Dove, always nice to feel that you can freshen up during/after the flight.

Toothpaste, Tooth Brush & Mouth Wash
I got a travel sized mouth wash as something it's just easier than brushing those bad boys! But I might bring a tooth brush and toothpaste too!

Mints
Again with the freshness.

Face Wipes
Just for an extra bit of a freshness if I feel it's needed, also kind of hydrating...sort of. Maybe not,

Dry Shampoo
A travel size just to give the hair a spritz if I feel like a monster when we land.


Staying Comfortable
Painkillers
Needs must. And if I have a migraine (like the ones that I've been getting regularly over the last coulpe of months) then I will definitely need to have a whole cocktail of meds on me.

Tracksuit Bottoms or Leggings
Jeans + 8 hour flight = no way. So tracksuit bottoms or leggings will be in my bag to change into just before we board or on the flight. I might wear my slightly bigger pair of jeans for the flight too, just in case I decide not to change. Also making sure that I have nice comfy clothes on my top half is a must as well. Still debating a wireless bra...

Scarf
Keeps my neck warm, doubles as a pillow and a blanket too.

Socks
I always bring extra socks, even though half the time I get too hot on flights, but comfy socks just seem to make things better.

Eye Mask
I've never been one for these before, but I feel this is the time to give it a try. Then I can try and catch some shut eye (if I can stop watching the films). I've ordered this Eco Tools one from Boots, again using my points so it was free!
Eco Tools Eye Mask
Eco Tools Eye Mask
  Wireless Bra
So I went to H&M and bought a wireless bra, thought I'd test it properly by slouching on the sofa. Not some comfortable, that went back. I've now panic ordered some options from M&S and Next to arrive today and tomorrow so I can hopefully find something!


Staying Entertained
Kindle
A must. The Kindle is fully charged, stocked up and ready to go.

MP3 Player/iPod & Earphones
Again, I'm unlikely to use them very much, as I just don't listen to music as much as I used to! But always good to have it in case, plus earphones are another must!
What's in my Handluggage
Staying Entertained
Charger Pack
Having my charger pack for my phone is VERY important, imagine if I used up all the battery playing Candy Crush on the flight?!

Notebook & Pens
Because you always need them.


Other
Mirror
So I can stare at myself, ha, not. Long eye lashes, plus dry eyes = trouble. Plus generally useful to have.

Tissues
I ALWAYS have a running nose.

Chargers & Adapters
Always sensible to bring them, just in case you lose your luggage.

Sunglasses
We're not going on a sunny holiday so to speak, but it's nice to have them. Especially as I'm like a mole and can't deal with any bright light.

Passport
Last, but possibly the most important item!
A no brainer, right?
Passport!

Obviously I have the other standard things, purse, travel pass etc. that I always have in my bag. I didn't feel that they needed a section!

I'm not sure what bag I'm fitting this all in yet. Ideally I'd have the lovely big Longchamp Le Pliage bag that was on my wishlist, but alas, that probably won't happen. Failing that I'll have my small Longchamp Le Pliage bag or my Fjallraven Kanken backpack (not super excited about the backpack route).

Let me know if I've forgotten anything...

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Follow on Instagram

Follow on Twitter