MAC Lipstick Collection: Lip Swatches

08:00

My Lipstick Collection
My Lipstick Collection
Last week I posted about my MAC Lipstick Collection. I LOVE MAC lipsticks, they are just, the best! And I did promise in that post that I would put up pictures of me wearing the lipsticks so you can see what they look like on me.
I actually find it to be very helpful when other people do this, as I'm so pale it's good to see what the colours look like on someone else pale! It'll also be nice for me to have a catalogue of my MAC lipsticks and what they look like on me...if I can stand to look at my own face.

So excuse my TERRIBLE posing (SO. AWKWARD.) and let's get on with this.

Here are the swatches on my arm and I've included the descriptions from last week's post (slightly ammended on some).
MAC Lipstick L-R: Faux, Brave, Please Me, Mehr, Velvet Teddy, Spirit, Twig, Amorous, Captive, Viva Glam I
L-R: Faux, Brave, Please Me, Mehr, Velvet Teddy, Spirit, Twig, Amorous, Captive, Viva Glam I
I didn't wear liner for any of these, which actually helps, as I think I often change the colour of the lipstick with liner and end up not liking it so much.


Faux
MAC Faux
MAC Faux
 Satin finish, MAC describe it as a muted mauve-pink, however it's more of a very pale, true pink on me. I find that it's a little sticky for a satin finish (my hair gets stuck in it!) as some of the other satin lipsticks are more matte like in their finish. This is a gorgeous colour, I've been loving it recently and it made it into my February Favourites!
Edit: I think that this works better with a lipliner on me, I usually wear it with MAC Lip Pencil in Dervish, which brings out the pink a little more.


Brave
MAC Brave
MAC Brave
 Satin finish, MAC describe it as a pink-beige with white pearl. I don't think that how MAC describe these lipsticks is ever how they look on me! I would say this is a more of a bright pink on me, I'm not sure where the beige comes in. But it's probably my favourite MAC lipstick I own, as I said in my January Faves!
Edit: A light, bright pink I think.


Please Me
MAC Please Me
MAC Please Me
Matte finish, MAC describe it as a muted-rosy-tinted pink. It's not muted on me at all, in fact it's basically a bright pink, so bright that I had to wear it with a dark liner (In Control) when I first got it, as I was a bit taken a back with it! When I got this I was looking for a, well, muted-rosy-tinted pink...which ended up being Faux, and I had it all along!
Edit: As you can see, VERY bright on me! Well, in my opinion.


Mehr
MAC Mehr
MAC Mehr
 Matte finish, MAC describe it as a dirty blue pink. I have no idea where these descriptions come from, they obviously did not use me when they came up with them. This is quite a dark, slightly reddish pink on me. Really lovely though. I wore it for my wedding.
Edit: It definitely looks more pinky without lipliner, I usually wear it with MAC ProLongwear Lip Pencil in In Control, which is quite dark (it's the ProLongwear version of Soar). I need to wear it more without a liner!


Velvet Teddy
MAC Velvet Teddy
MAC Velvet Teddy
 Matte finish, MAC describe it as a deep-tone beige. I will agree with this more, Velvet Teddy comes out as brown on me, not the amazingly gorgeous colour that it is on everyone else. Which is a shame, I'm just not sure if I love it.
Edit: Same on the liner front as Mehr, I think it's better on me without a liner.


Spirit
MAC Spirit
MAC Spirit
 Satin finish, MAC describe it as a muted pinky-beige brown. This was the first MAC lipstick I ever bought! I got it at the airport, I was just trying lipsticks on randomly and ended up picking this one, I had no idea about finishes or anything. I was quite into the darker, browner shades then, which this is on me. I haven't worn it in a long time as I've been very much about the lighter, pinker shades recently.
Edit: I'm really liking how this looks in this picture, I think I need to wear it more!


Twig
MAC Twig
MAC Twig
Satin finish, MAC describe it as a soft muted brownish-pink. This is quite dark on me, a bit more of a plum  on me, as I said, I've been liking the lighter, pinker colours at the moment, so I haven't really been wearing it much.
Edit: I'd agree with myself in what I said about it being slightly more plummy on me, a light plum though. Again, better without lip liner. I need me some lighter lip liners!


Amorous
MAC Amorous
MAC Amorous
 Satin finish, MAC describe it as lovestruck cranberry. I have no idea what a lovestruck cranberry is, except the most unhelpful description ever. This is very dark on me, similar to Captive. I must say, I've hardly worn it.
Edit: Not as bad as I thought in terms of it being dark and not suiting me...what do you guys think?


Captive
MAC Captive
MAC Captive
 Satin finish, MAC describe it as a pinkish-plum. Again it's very dark on me and very similar to Amorous, there's barely any difference between them except I think that Amorous is slightly more pink (although I need to remind myself as I'm not sure when I last wore them!). And again, I've hardly worn it.
Edit: I would say that this is actually slightly brighter/lighter/pinker than Amorous! Liking how it looks with no liner.


Viva Glam I
MAC Viva Glam I
MAC Viva Glam I
 Matte finish, MAC describe it as an intense brownish blue-red. I have no idea how to describe the colour, quite a deep, dark red, it is a lovely colour. Although I have trouble with it, I can never get a smooth finish on the edge of my lips, it seems to go everywhere and it looks terrible on me. I'm gutted as I haven't actually worn this yet and I have no idea how to make it work on me (i.e. not look messy and like it was put on by a 5 year old.)

Suggestions? I think I need to try something like Ruby Woo (Retro Matte) which is even more matte and might not go everywhere?



Right, so that was awkward. We've all discovered that I can't pose well and definitely cannot maintain a similar pose through multiple photos...I'll try harder next time. Once day I'll manage to look as amazing as Beauty with Emily Fox when she does her lip swatches.

I've also learned that I need lighter lip liner or to not use lip liner so much, as these look so much nicer on me without the lip liners!

MAC Lipstick Swatches Faux, Brave, Please Me, Mehr, Velvet Teddy
Faux - Brave
Please Me - Mehr - Velvet Teddy
MAC Lipstick Swatches Spirit, Twig, Amorous, Captive, Viva Glam I
Spirit - Twig
Amorous - Captive - Viva Glam I

What do you guys think? Does these all suit me? Anything else you'd recommend I try?
Hope you liked the swatches! Maybe I'll post more of my face in future.


Follow my blog with Bloglovin
 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Follow on Instagram

Follow on Twitter