No Spend March: Week 1

08:00

I fell off the bandwagon. Big time.
I didn't even make it a week before breaking my No Spend.
I feel ashamed.

Last week I bought one Kindle book, but that was ok. I realised that I should have added to the rules that Kindle Daily Deals/99p books don't count for the No Spend.
I track a lot of Kindle books using eReader IQ and when they come on offer at 99p (or dramatically reduced) then I usually try to buy them so that I can stock up my library.


But on Monday I went on a walk at lunchtime, popped into TKMaxx to see whether they have the bag I want in stock. I had it in my mind that if they did, I would buy it. It is something I've been mulling over for a good few weeks and I decided to take the plunge out of worry that it might go out of stock.
They didn't have it in stock. So when I went back to work, I was straight on the website and I ordered the bag. I also ordered the same bag in another colour, that kills two birds with one stone - I got free p&p and now I can see the two colours in person before I decide which to keep.
Paul Costello Lily Bag in Light Pink and Pistachio
Paul Costello Lily Bag in Light Pink and Pistachio
 I'm not sure whether I regret it now...in fact if I feel bad enough I may return both.
Although a nice small, crossbody bag is something I've been wanting for the best part of a year now, really useful for weddings, general out and about and it'll be great in Canada.
Although it is possible that I might get one whilst I'm in Canada...on the other hand, I might not.

And then Tuesday morning it carried on. I went onto the Charlotte Tilbury website to check something about the Magic Foundation (I had used a sample of it that morning) and immediately this came up.
 Charlotte Tilbury Limited Edition KISSING Lipstick in Kiss Chase and Matte Revolution Lipstick in Between The Sheets
There's nothing like telling me something that I want AND is Limited Edition is going out of stock.
I added the K.I.S.S.I.N.G. Kiss Chase Lipstick, which was on my March wishlist, to my basket without a second thought and proceeded to checkout.
I actually don't think I have any regrets here, bucket loads of guilt, but I want that lipstick.


It even gets worse. Following the lipstick incident of Tuesday I proceeded to go into Marks & Spencer at lunch and buy shoes. The navy and black heeled boots to be exact.
Marks & Spencer Shoes
M&S Shoe Shopping
I'm also still dreaming about those flats, but they just weren't that comfy
 Admittedly they were £59 down to £29, potentially interview appropriate and gorgeous. I'm never usually sure about blue and black together, but something drew me to these and then when I put them on...it was love. The heel is higher than I'd usually go for, but I feel so stable in them, it's crazy. They're also really quite comfortable (except a teeny bit of toe squeeze), maybe it's due to the Insolia thing they have going on, but the inside is like a tiny cushion. But I've only walked around the shoe section and my work bathroom in them...so I'm yet to test them for a longer amount of time yet.
Autograph Stain Away Suede Elastic Shoe Boots with Insolia in Navy and Black
Autograph Stain Away™ Suede Elastic Shoe Boots with Insolia® in Navy and Black

I'm also feeling like I want to have a but style overhaul and so these fit in with what I'm going for.


So there we have it. One week down, three major fails. And I feel more coming on.


I'm desperately dreaming of the Longchamp Le Pliage Large Tote Bag from my Wishlist. Sigh.
And the Makeup Revolution Ultra Contour and Cream Contour Palettes. I feel like I need to give a cheapy one a try before Canada so I know whether to add one to that wishlist.

Maybe telling myself that I'm not allowed to spend is just making me want to more.


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Follow on Instagram

Follow on Twitter