January Favourites

17:00

Here's a few things that I have been loving this month!

Charlotte Tilbury - Filmstar Bronze & Glow (Light to Medium)
Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze & Glow
That packing!

This was something I got just before my wedding when John Lewis were doing a price match or something to do with Black Friday. I was having a wedding highlighter wobbly and thought that theBalm's Mary-Lou Manizer might be too much, so I picked this up for £44 (RRP £49).Quite the panic buy. Although I had read lots of reviews and I had a free make over when John Lewis in Oxford Street had Charlotte Tilbury in stock.
I went to collect it, I was so excited. I opened it, oh my Lord that packaging - Charlotte Tilbury certainly knows how to do it! I haven't thrown away the box yet...it's too pretty.
I initially ignored the bronzer, I bought it for the highlight and I am all about the highlight at the moment. Slapped it on and then a few hours later I was so upset to find that it looked AWFUL. My skin looks all gross and everything had settled into my pores. I reluctantly put it away, telling myself off for such an expensive panic buy. It hasn't come out again until we hit the new year. I figured I needed to give it a go considering that I'd spent so much on it, and as a spur of the moment thing. Plus the packaging meant I would never part with it.
Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze & Glow
The rose gold...
 My God, I absolutely love this little palette. I have no idea what was wrong with me before. It's so gorgeous looking and the bronzer is really lovely and that highlight, oh my! And it's so perfectly formed to just throw in my makeup bag and to take around with me, and I don't have to try and fit in both a bronze and highlight separately anymore.
Also in hindsight I realised that it may have been the Benefit Boi-ing Concealer making my pores look awful.
I absolutely love this, quite pricey, but highly recommended!
Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze & Glow


Urban Decay - All Nighter Setting Spray
Urban Decay All Nighter Makeup Setting Spray
I bought this (in travel size) for my wedding, need to make that makeup STICK. I do feel like it makes me go a little shiny, my forehead is a terrible culprit for shine..., pressed powder compact is next on my list of makeup needed.
I haven't used it for a bit, but as the husband who hates makeup has been away, the makeup obsessed wife will play! I've been getting up early to put on makeup before work!
I like a nice spritz before I put on makeup (to prime) and after (to set).
This stuff works, I put on my makeup at 7.00am and it's still looking pretty good by 4.00pm!
I'm nearly at the end of my travel size one, I got a small All Nighter and De-Slick to try, I think I prefer the All Nighter so I will be repurchasing once I run dry.


Stila - Peach Shimmer Blush (from Whole Lotta Love palette)

Peach Shimmer Blush, Stila Whole Lotta Love Palette
 Now when I look at blushes, I think roses, pinks and mauves. I've always thought that I would NOT wear a peach or coral blush. I mean, I'm so pale that I look a weird colours anyway, why make it look weider!
Well. There's a peach shimmer blush in the Stila Whole Lotta Love palette that I picked up from M&S for a bargain post Christmas. Peach AND shimmer? It's like my worst blush nightmare (actually try coral and shimmer for that, second worst nightmare it is).
I was going out the other night, putting on some makeup and thought, why not, let's give it a try. Oh my God, it's love. I am totally in love with this blush! I almost wish I could put so much on that I look stupid, that's how much I love it.
The Too Faced blush list on my Canadian/American wishlist will definitely be updated!
Stila Whole Lotta Love Palette


Urban Decay - Naked Palette
Urban Decay Naked Palette
This is an old fave, well, about as old as makeup and me get. I've been not bothering with powder eyeshadow recently, it means that if I do my makeup at work I have to cart around a huge palette that doesn't fit in my makeup bag (ooohh, what a good excuse to buy a small palette or some of the MAC or Makeup Geek single shadows!), plus primer and half a dozen brushes, that need a good washing might I add!
But as I said, the husband's away, so this little palette has trotted out the cupboard and into my hands again. Yes, I use the same 4 eyeshadow from it everytime (Naked, Buck, Sidecar and Hustle), but it was my first fancy palette and proper splurge. I love it.
Urban Decay Naked Palette


MAC Lipstick - Brave
MAC Brave
I think this is forever going to be my favourite lipstick. I thought I'd lost it the other night and had a minor panic (before realising I had put it in a different slot in my lipstick holder). You can see how much I've used it compared to some of the other lipsticks here.
Little Brave, with his satin finish has a special place in my heart.
A well used MAC Brave

Maybelline Forever Strong Nail Varish - Golden Brown
Maybelline Forever Stone Nail Colour in Golden Brown
 And whilst this definitely was not Forever Strong on my nails (it chipped straight away), I can't not love it because the colour is simply beautiful. Although it's called Golden Brown, it was much more of  rose gold and when I had it on, everytime I looked at my nails I thought 'my God that colour is amazing'. So buy that one, and maybe just be better at painting your nails than I am, I'm absolutely terrible so maybe that's why it chipped.
Maybelline Forever Strong Golden Brown Nail Polish
This picture doesn't do the colour justice..it really is such a lovely rosey gold


 Harry Potter
Now we're going away from the beauty favorites, but I have to include this, because who doesn't love Harry Potter? If you don't then you break my heart. But this is coming from the girl who went to the Studio Tour for her 26th birthday and opened the doors of the Great Hall (!!!) AND who went for her Hen Party, oh yes.
I've been re-reading the books on my Kindle and I just love them so much. And after having a Harry Potter movie marathon last weekend with ma bestie (that's you @keepcalmtaylor), this had to be in there.
Plus I feel like this needs to be in there to commemorate Alan Rickman.

'Always' from Harry Potter and the Dealthy Hallows
(@the.cc.collection)



So that's my first favourites post done!
And with real photos! I'm not saying they're great, but they're better than my old iPhone pictures.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Follow on Instagram

Follow on Twitter